One of the best ways to help our world is to recycle. It is easy and saves valuable resources by giving raw materials a second life. While not every material is safe to recycle, most of the everyday items you’ll find in your home or office are. If any of the following materials are in your home or office, be sure to separate them from your standard commercial dumpster rental in Middlesex County:
- Steel. With a recycling rate of 88%, steel is America’s most recycled material. Since 2016, over 25 million tons of steel have been recycled, which is growing every day.
- Aluminum. The most common source of recycled aluminum is aluminum soda and beer cans, which are 100% recyclable. Recycling an aluminum can uses 95% less energy than creating a new one!
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) Plastic Bottles. If you buy two-liter bottles of soda or liquid detergent, it probably came in a PET bottle. About 1.5 billion pounds of PET bottles are recycled each year in the United States, making it the most commonly recycled type of plastic in the world.
- Newspapers. Though most people now read their daily news online, newspapers remain one of the most commonly recycled materials in the country. While paper products only account for about 1/3rd of all recycled materials, paper products left in landfills significantly contribute to the distribution of greenhouse gases as they break down.
- Corrugated cardboard. Another common paper product, corrugated cardboard, is entirely recyclable. The majority of cardboard recycled in the United States comes from used boxes.
Are you planning a commercial cleanout? Make it easier to separate your recyclables with a commercial dumpster rental in Monmouth County from Horizon Disposal Services. Give us a call today at 609-934-1840 to learn more or schedule your dumpster service.